Wednesday 6 March 2013

Eating habits have changed

The old me loved caffe latte or even better chai latte. I would buy one or the other at any opportunity and invariably something sweet and chocolatey to munch on to go with it. ..regardless of the time of day.

The new me isn't even interested. I had the day out with our youngest today and had decided that I should have one if I wanted one when we were out. I read somewhere recently allt men inte alltid. Which basically means: everything, but not all the time. I am not on a diet so NOTHING is excluded. Nothing is out of bounds. But the plain fact is, I simply did not fancy a latte and  cake. Tea it was.  My son had the cake :-)

So why have my cravings for sweet things all but disappeared?   Maybe it's as simple as this. I am more in tune with what my body needs. I am eating much less fat and much fewer carbs.  The protein I am eating is almost 100% from eggs, kvark, cottage cheese, fish, other seafood and chicken. I read somewhere that increased protein in your diet fills you up. And I would agree. Although I would add that the full feeling I get these days is much different to the bloated, sluggish full feeling the old me had.

Time to Google more recipes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment