Thursday 7 February 2013

A little more about my training plan

I work shifts and today is my day off which I am spending with my youngest (who just turned 5). But before we venture out into the snowy winterland I thought I'd write a few more lines about my training schedule and how the box class went.

Yesterday evening was my second go at the box class....Incredibly tiring but what a buzz afterwards! I was there with three other girls who all work at the same place as me and it was the first time for two of them. So thankful to Sara for introducing me to this group training and so thankful to Sofie who, when she saw I was starting to flag, shouted "beach 2013!". Somehow I managed to dig deeper and carry on. If anyone needs to relieve stress, this type of exercise is perfect!

After the box class Sara took some more "before" photos of me. I WILL post them....but further down the road.

So, I said I was going to add a bit more info about my training.  In addition to the four parts I mentioned yesterday I am also using an app on my phone which helps you work towards being able to do 200 situps. This all within six weeks, three times a week! I am currently on week 3, day 2 being my next session. Week 3, day 1 was a total of 110 situps but not done straight off. You do a certain number that the app tells you to then rest one minute. It's tough but a good challenge.  I even have a couple of friends doing it too!

The other element to my training is generally being more active like, for instance, taking a brisk walk on my break at work - note to self here: stop chickening out just because it's snowing!

Have a good day one and all!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you that you have finally found some friends to train with. It makes everything so much more fun and feels a lot easier :-)

    ReplyDelete