Saturday 9 February 2013

Spinning - fitness training or torture?

So, I tried a spinning session on Friday with Sofie (my fitness addict friend, who is a real miss motivator) for the first time in my life. 

How can an innocent looking stationary bike turn so quickly into an instrument of torture?! Well I did the sprints and generally cycled a bit, but I totally failed on the standing up and pedalling bits. I don't think my legs have ever felt like that before! Ouch!

New mini-goal: to make it through a whole spinning session!

I am now nursing a cold so will take it easy a day or two. I took a power walk in my lunch break at work today and due to the weather will take a long walk  on the treadmill tomorrow. Box group again on Monday if my cold has mostly gone.

Bit of a progress update: 6cm off my belly since 10th Jan! Real spur to keep me going. Maybe I need to start saving for a new wardrobe too? 

1 comment:

  1. wow!!! 6cm is a lot!! great job! keep up the good work! Starting to be afraid tat I won't recognize you the next time we meet again :-)

    ReplyDelete